Another boot loop. :/

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Turbohog, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Turbohog macrumors member

Okay, so I was trying to uninstall an app from cydia, so I uninstalled it and it froze while trying to respring. So I did a hard reset. After that, I can't get my iphone on. I try to turn it back on by running blackra1n again, but it gets stuck at Gehot. Eventually, the screen goes black and it's back at the iTunes recovery screen. This happens every time now...I really don't want to go through recovery because I've got some stuff on my phone that I would lose... :( :( Please help

2. JackSpearo macrumors regular

just went through the same thing... tried everything in my power to prevent the restore...

I hope you can get yours up man... I couldn't...

and I'm dropping more calls than ever in the past few weeks... have no idea why... it's making me mad though... arghhhhhhhhh

3. Turbohog thread starter macrumors member

It sucks huh? Did you try that thing where you let blackra1n try to turn it on for hours and hours? I am, and no luck :(

4. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Try this first. I can't really think of any other suggestions though. I'm assuming you used DFU mode too right?

5. Turbohog thread starter macrumors member

Yep I've tried DFU, but Blackra1n just keeps "waiting for device" when it dfu. Also, I don't have a mac...Is it possible to use that guide for Windows?

6. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Yes, but I haven't written a guide for it. You need to download iRecovery and libusb for windows and run/install them using the same commands as in the guide. Google and download iReb and try that.

7. Turbohog thread starter macrumors member

8. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Then trying the iRecovery thing may fit it. You should try to figure out how to use it on windows. If you're having trouble figuring it out, let me know.

9. Turbohog thread starter macrumors member

Well, now I've noticed it isn't exactly looping anymore. If I run blackra1n the picture of gehot will show up, but after several minutes the screen goes black, and the apple logo shows up, and then soon I'm back at the connect to iTunes screen...Does this change anything?

10. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Not that I know of. I will get back to you late tomorrow if you still can't get it.

11. Turbohog thread starter macrumors member

No luck with that....I'm not sure what do with the whole sudo cp thing on windows.

12. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Forget about that command. All that does is move the libusb.dylib ot the right spot. You need to download a libusb-****.dylib for windows and install it. After that you would open iRecovery and run the other commands (the ones that are run in iRecovery).

13. Turbohog thread starter macrumors member

Oh okay, I've already installed that...Right now I'm still hoping it will boot up after the battery dies...The battery is low, it has shown me that, but I don't think it has died yet...

14. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

okay, I don't know if draining the battery will help you out, but you can try it. So if you have the libusb installed, can you run iRecovery now?

15. Turbohog thread starter macrumors member

Well, I used iRecovery with your guide...No luck. I just have to restore I guess :/ Thanks for trying to help though!

16. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Wait, you haven't tried restoring yet? What did you do in DFU mode?