another bug? UITextView doesn't respond to delegates when you hold down on it

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by fenrus110, Sep 15, 2008.

1. fenrus110 macrumors regular

When you tap on a UITextView area, the keyboard appears and the delegates respond.

But when you hold down on the UITextView area, the keyboard appears but the delegates don't respond.

Big problem since I put my "Done" button in the top when the didBegin delegates are called

EDIT: in the simulator, shouldBegin and didBegin both do not work. But in the Device, only shouldBegin is called.

argh, UITextView just seems too buggy to use. But what else can we use for multi line editing? I've also had an issue where the text doesn't appear until I touch on it, even though I did set the text to something.

2. fenrus110 thread starter macrumors regular

UITextView delegates seem to behave very strangely.

On the device, when you touch it, ShouldBegin gets called twice while DidBegin is called once. If you hold down on it, ShouldBegin is called once.

When you resignFirstResponder, ShouldEnd gets called FOUR times while DidEnd gets called two times.

This is trouble some since the view often needs to be rearranged when these delegates are called (so the keyboard doesn't block the view), but if these are called two or four times, it can be troublesome.