Another car catches on fire at my college dorm

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krafty, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Fun stuff.

So I'm sitting here procrastinating again, playing Test Drive Unlimited. I started to get bored and decided to get working for a bit. My eyes start stinging so I laid down on my pillow for a bit, I was too awake to fall asleep. About 5 minutes later, loud beeping sirens and lights start flashing. I know I didnt light anything in my room so it wasnt the alarm in my room. I put some shoes on a open the door only to be greeted by massive smoke rising up (I'm on the 3rd floor dorms). I look outside, and long and behold a red car with massive white smoke rising from a car engine. So I go inside, grab my key and cell phone rush downstairs with a couple of my friends. I then asked them whos car it was, and another one of my friends was like "If I were you, I would probably go back and grab the MacBook." and I was "OHHHH ****!"

So, I rushed back in, got to my room. I heard somebody yelling something but I could probably already guess since the RA's were telling everyone to go to the front. I grab my MacBook, plug, and case, and ran out. Didnt realize until I got halfway out my room that I left my key but I said **** it. MacBook > Room Key + Life. When I got to the first floor, I was hearing loud banging, and I thought to myself, "This DAMN building better NOT be falling." Instead, it was a secruity gaurd, he was banging on the fire extinguisher with her walkie talkie and couldnt get it open.

So, I asked her to step out of the way. 3 good hits with my fist, and shattered the glass. She asked if I cut myself, and I looked at my stinging fist and had a small cut, but it was no biggie.

The FD came and finished washing it down and stuff. The car belonged to a girl, but she was only borrowing it since her car was totaled. Also, another car engine caught on fire in the campus parking lot.

[​IMG]

Taken from my enV. I decided not to be an idiot like most people who ran up to the flaming car to get a picture. Oh SCAD, you always fill us with surprises.

2. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

adds some excitement to your life!

macbook > life = so true ;)

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

4. bbbensen macrumors 6502

But the question is, did you get all your HW done?

5. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

You gotta love these people's sense of priority. :)

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yeah, because you wouldn't keep your life if you died in the fire while getting the key.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The only keys I need are the ones on my MacBook's keyboard. Not joking. I know it's difficult to tell from all the posting I do here, but I have a PhD thesis to write, and it's "somewhat" important to me.

You did the right thing.

9. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

My cousins dorm/apartment at UCONN lit on fire years ago and her computer melted. Luckly the hard drive with her thesis on it was not damaged.

I'm glad to hear everyone is alright. I wouldn't be too concerned about the dorm going up in flames, I suspect they make them pretty fireproof.

Do they know how the car caught fire?