Another CD Eject Thread - No OF, No Mouse Button, No Eject, No F12

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snsr, Sep 1, 2009.

1. snsr macrumors member

Sorry to post yet another thread about this, but none of the established methods for ejecting a DVD from my 15" Core Duo MBP work at the moment, and I'm hoping someone may be able to help.

I installed a new, blank HD in the system. While waiting for my Snow Leopard disc to show up, I decided to try a MEPIS Linux live cd. Turns out it was a 64-bit kernel version which would not boot on my pre-Santa Rosa MBP. BUT .. the boot loader does load.

When I try any special key combos on boot, the boot loader comes up anyway, and the CD does not eject (ie- Option/Apple/O/F for Open Firmware, F12, Eject, Trackpad Button). Eject doesn't work while I'm at the boot loader option screen.

I'm really at a loss beyond these techniques. Why would the system's firmware fail to respond to commands before booting the disc in the drive? Do these functions depend in any way upon data on the HD?

Is there a key shortcut to prevent booting from the DVD drive?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

2. p3ncil macrumors regular

Are you doing the trackpad method correctly?

Switch on your mac, depress the trackpad immediately. Your disc should eject, these functions are in the firmware, not the HDD.

3. snsr thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for confirming that, and for your reply. I was actually holding it down before and during power-up. I'll of course try again when I get home, and report back.