Another 'charging is not supported with this accessory'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hazjaz, Oct 26, 2011.

1. hazjaz macrumors newbie

Hi all.

I have done a search through the forum to try to find out what could help my problem but haven't really come across any answers.

I just bought a USB extension cord for my iPhone 4 charger and it comes up with 'charging is not supported with this accessory'. I know that there is a connection otherwise it wouldn't say anything at all right?

Hope someone knows an answer!

Cheers

2. vincent6396 macrumors member

Not to hijack your thread but I got the same message with my car charger as well. If I unplug and plug it back in the same message will popup 5 mins later.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Couple thoughts...

Does it give a lighting bolt over the battery icon indicating that it's really charging? I used to get this message all the time with my car stereo (has ipod interface); it'd pop up the message but would still charge my iphone4.

Is it easy to try a different extension cable? I use a 3ft USB extension cable with my setup and never see this message.

4. hazjaz thread starter macrumors newbie

It flashes with the bolt at the beginning but then goes to the normal battery.

I bought two of the same cables for two different chargers, have just found out one of the two works, I think the working charger is an iPad charger with the USB extension cord.

Not quiet sure what's going on.