Another computer add Events in iCal

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rh535, Aug 27, 2008.

1. rh535 macrumors member

My dad works a lot from home but still likes to have his staff add events into Google calender so he can see what is going on. I want him to use iCal since he will be getting a iPhone soon. Is there a way for someone in another city to remotely add events to iCal?

2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

If both of you have leopard and iChat, you may be able to do screen sharing.

3. rh535 thread starter macrumors member

I would like to where doesn't have to even be on the computer or by it.

4. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Yes, when adding a new appointment, just click on the "Add Attendess" link to add the email addresses of those involved in the appointment. They will get an email that will automatically load an event notification in iCal asking to confirm the addition of the appointment to their calendar.

This only works on the desktop version of iCal, unfortunately, but synchs the data with your iPhone. I wish it was possible to Add Attendees on the iPhone calendar directly.

5. rh535 thread starter macrumors member

I tried the Google Calender with CalDAV but i get this weird error. Any way to fix this?

Attached Files:

6. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Not sure... were there any characters after the end of user when you entered the URL in?

7. rh535 thread starter macrumors member

no... I have tried different accounts and it works for those accounts but not my dads.

8. rh535 thread starter macrumors member

somehow i got CalDAV to work with the account. Is there any way for Address book to be changed remotely like iCal?