Another Core2Duo related question...

tanda4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
I finally realized why I am so paranoid about Apple updating their product lines...It's because they keep it so secretive, unlike Dell and the others. In the past I would never give a thought about what technology is coming next.

Anyway, I purchased a MacBook today, does Apple do anything for the customer if Core2Duo comes out next week? Would I be able to exchange it for the Core2Duo within the 14 day policy and would I have to pay the 10% restocking fee?

Thanks!

mdntcallr

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2000
doh, why did you order it?

they have the new model coming within weeks. oh well. i believe they have a restocking fee. they may waive it if they are nice.

but if you get it... all bets are off and that isnt guaranteed by apple.

you should have waited just a couple weeks more

tanda4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
mdntcallr said:
doh, why did you order it?

they have the new model coming within weeks. oh well. i believe they have a restocking fee. they may waive it if they are nice.

but if you get it... all bets are off and that isnt guaranteed by apple.

you should have waited just a couple weeks more
Thanks for rubbing it in ;)

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
If you are severely worried, don't open the box. You then have (10 days?) to return it with no restocking charge.

If you need to use it before 10 days, just open the $@#*ed thing, be happy with your beautiful Mac and stop worrying.

SpankyPenzaanz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2006
i see apple putting a core2duo in the macbookpro and leaving the macbook the same if not just a small speedboost before putting c2d in the macbook

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Honestly, just use it and enjoy it. You're going to end up being outdated at some point, it's part of life. You have a great computer that will be able to do everything that you need it to do just fine, so just use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.