Another day another conspiracy theory..!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by akash.nu, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

Interesting theory. Who knows, maybe it has some sense.

2. DarkExistence Suspended

DarkExistence

3. Xangelkiller macrumors newbie

This could simply be a tactic to support a longer-term marketing strategy beyond 2016. They work on multiple phones at a time. Introducing a change like this in a model that will get sales regardless (remember iPhone 6 and 6+ contracts end in September) will definitely reduce the "jack-less" complaints for the 2017 version. I don't think this deserves the "conspiracy theory" label. At best, it's probably just a plain old theory since we can't (and probably won't ever) see Apple's iPhone marketing strategy.

4. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

This makes perfect sense. Logical, thought out, and exactly the kind of planning I would expect.

Apple was going to remove the analog headphone jack and they could have waited another year, but getting it done, over and behind us seems so, well obvious, now that it's been stated.

All falls in place. Get the nasty out of the way. In a year their will be all kinds of options, third party dongles, head phones both Bluetooth and wired. Other than a few die hands, the squawking will be over.

Next phone will have:

- New amoled screen, with smaller bezels low energy consumption, higher pixel density
    - 2nd generation Touch ID button with haptic feedback, if not integrated into screen or facial recognition
    - Probably latest low power consumption Bluetooth phone and earbuds, longer between charging.
    - Next generation Motorola fully integrated radio chip (super low power consumption all radios on one chip)
    - 10 nanometer chip design jump from 2 billion transistors to 4 billion. Further chip consolidation to SoC.
    - Revised nano architecture LI Ion battery technology further enhanced battery form fitting to available space
    - Revised all glass design
    - Thinnest iPhone ever (of course)
    - Capacitance charging (no metal back) or charge via smart connector Mag attachment like Watch.
    - Move the Lightning port to a separate cradle that connects via smart connector to phone (more waterproof)
    - snap on larger iPad like screen using smart connector. Phone connect in hollow out on back. Contains extra battery pack.
    -'Probably couple more features.

Yup, get the nasty over with now, nail hit square on the head. Only good news, new innovations for the 10th anniversary phone.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

6. akash.nu thread starter macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Wow..!! You seem to have got all of their plans on the table.

7. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

I could buy into that theory. I guess what I am more interested in than the timing, is still the 'why'. At one point it was to make the phone thinner but the iPod touch is pretty thin and it still has a headphone jack. Schematics suggest now it's not necessarily due to thinness regardless. Then I thought well, a second speaker for stereo sound would be cool since I sometimes just play music off my phone's speaker but lately that seems to be refuted. I assume they could make higher quality lightning connected headsets but you wouldn't need to kill the headphone jack to do that. It could be an alternative. Doesn't appear to be for additional battery space. So I am curious to hear their explanation behind this. I am not upset by the move, just don't fully get the rationale unless it really is for next year's design needs.

8. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Just look at designs of all Apple devices. Do they add more connectors, or do they simplify and remove connectors? I would hazard a guess and say they have a design phylosphy that says make it simpler, more intuitive to the consumer. Eventually the keyboard will disappear and we will communicate with our devices just as we would with a human assistant. Verbally and with the assistant anticipating out next desire.

9. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

I mean I don't disagree with Apple liking to make things easier or simpler. I loved the switch to the lightning connector if for no other reason than the fact that it fits no matter which direction the two sides are facing. But I am not sure how removing such a standard feature as the headphone jack makes things simpler or more intuitive. Particularly if they end up offering an adapter which just adds to the process. I will be very curious to see if this ends up being a move that competitors actually don't look to copy.

Heck if they ever did make it where I had to verbally communicate with my phone just to do simple tasks like texting....that is when I hang it up. Imagine trying to text in a loud environment, quiet environment, during an appointment, etc. Yikes.

10. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Your getting hung up on the intermediate steps. No one ever said the journey would be painless. You or others may hate it, at the time. But this too shall pass. Eventually our Apple implants will allow us to hear our music without others even knowing we are listening. Recharged by body heat and communication via enhanced Bluetooth right to you MPU mobile processing unit folded up and tucked in your pocket. In meantime get used to the adapter dongle.

11. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

So basically, removing the headphone jack this year is a diversion tactic as well as allowing this year's phone to take a bullet for next year's? It makes about as much sense as any other reason I've heard for it.

12. akash.nu thread starter macrumors 68020

akash.nu

Skynet is real..!!

13. Sunny1990, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

And another boring article:confused:,i will wait and see how this boring iPhone holds up against scratches.My current iPhone's are scratch magnets :mad:

14. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

One of the most pathetic and immature articles I've read for months. What's with the GIF's? Crap journalism.

15. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

That's a pretty good theory. Whether intentionally or unintentionally it might work out that way. Removing the audio jack has pros and cons. iPhone 7 bears the brunt of the "cons" and 7s benefits from the "pros"

16. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

I knew the jack is gone. Doesn't change the fact that I don't like it.

17. noobinator macrumors 601

That was a horribly written article. An article with a clickbait headline shouldn't make you have to read 5,000 words to attempt to figure out what the conspiracy is. I read it all (skimmed) and I'm still not exactly sure what the conspiracy is?

18. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

19. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Mashable
    What else do you need to know?