Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Ugh! Wth Apple!

So I was listening to music after playing some rockband and all of a sudden the music goes staticky and stops... My volume was up. Play icon in the top bar...

If I squeeze the phone near the speaker I can hear. If I let go, I loose all sound... WTF!!!

This is my replacement phone thy I just got in the mail... I probably can't request a new one until apple receives my old one... Damn my old one was better off than this one that has internal shorts or something...

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Sorry to hear.. you're usually replacing one phone with a new problem when you swap them out. It's happened to me.

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Sorry to hear.. you're usually replacing one phone with a new problem when you swap them out. It's happened to me.

What happened to "this is the most precise thing we've ever made"

It has a ***** short!!!!!!! Wth?

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Refurbish just means they just installed new water sensors.

Yea I can believe that

Also they can't send me another replacement because they don't have my old phone back yet..., damn you apple

This will be the last apple product I buy.

iUser4Lyfe

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
Yea I can believe that

Also they can't send me another replacement because they don't have my old phone back yet..., damn you apple

This will be the last apple product I buy.

Why don't you make a real statement and return the phone all together?
I know..I know.;)

The Governor

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
I'm with you on this. This phone is starting to piss me off a bit. I'm on my second iphone 4 and the proximity sensor is just as bad as my first one.

Just today I'm on the phone, holding it not with my hands (if I did that, I wouldn't have any signal :rolleyes:) but instead placed between my cheek and shoulder, talking to one person.....placed him on hold......went to home screen.....then to contacts.....then dialed some one else....all done with my cheek...unbelievable right? Well, it happened.

IronLogik

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
I'm with you on this. This phone is starting to piss me off a bit. I'm on my second iphone 4 and the proximity sensor is just as bad as my first one.

Just today I'm on the phone, holding it not with my hands (if I did that, I wouldn't have any signal :rolleyes:) but instead placed between my cheek and shoulder, talking to one person.....placed him on hold......went to home screen.....then to contacts.....then dialed some one else....all done with my cheek...unbelievable right? Well, it happened.

With so many people having replaced their phone and still having proximity sensor issues would you possibly believe that maybe.... just maybe... it's a software issue that needs to be fixed? Oh yea... because that's what Apple said no one wants to believe it now. :rolleyes:

Banana Pancakes

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2010

I'm glad I'm not the only one, this has happened to me twice now. It's very frustrating!

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I'm glad I'm not the only one, this has happened to me twice now. It's very frustrating!

I I have not had any proximity sensor problems...

The senior advisor arranged for me to keep my old phone. Which jus has a verry loose sleep wake button.

I will be getting a third replacement sometime next week.

:/

Macbie

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2007

The senior advisor arranged for me to keep my old phone. Which jus has a verry loose sleep wake button.

Good Luck. I had it today for my exchange.

Banana Pancakes

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2010

You've been incredibly unlucky.

This is NOT going well for Apple!

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
I shot a video of my problem. Not only for you guys to see, but also for the senior advisor to take a look at. If she is curious to see it.

Uploading... Will edit later

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
That's crazy lol.

Yea lol

Thankfully, my old phone only had a ratting sleep/wake button. Honestly, at this point, I'm going to just keep trying for the hell of it. If push comes to shove, I can always just live with a rattling sleep/wake button. But I might as well keep trying. I will eventually get good one ;)

At least I've been able to reuse the same powersupport anti-glare film for 3 installations now ;)

Goldinboy17

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
San Francisco, Ca
Yea lol

Thankfully, my old phone only had a ratting sleep/wake button. Honestly, at this point, I'm going to just keep trying for the hell of it. If push comes to shove, I can always just live with a rattling sleep/wake button. But I might as well keep trying. I will eventually get good one ;)

At least I've been able to reuse the same powersupport anti-glare film for 3 installations now ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbq5w-BQXeo&NR=1

^ My phone had the SAME EXACT Problem! My first one had a crappy screen, the second made that noise all the time. It annoyed me so I had to exchange it as well.

vbman213

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
OMG. That almost sounds paranormal. Wow!

LOL. Thankfully, I know have direct contact with a Senior Advisor. She was SOOOOOO much more helpful than the person I talked with initially.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.