another deleted safari question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jsin, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Jsin macrumors newbie

as many before me ive deleted safari from my apps folder (macbook os 10.4.11). i did a software update and updated safari to 4.1.3 and didnt like it compared to the one i had which im not sure which one i had (i just learned i updated to 4.1.3 just before typing it just now) before deleting i dled safari4.0.5 tiger thinking that was the one i previously had. after that was finished i deleted safari from the apps and icon dock and tried installing the one i just dled but got a message saying "you cannot install safari on this volume. this volume already has a newer version installed." so now im left without any browser to use the internet to even search on how to fix this except for my phone. i tried looking up other peoples problems and answers following what i could to try to delete everything of safari to be able to install the one i dled so i can atleast have some form of browser. i went into the receipts and deleted the sarfari things in there that someone mentioned to someone else tried installing it again but keeps saying the same thing. i know it will be asked but no i do not have the mac os disc. will i be able to fix this without it? if all else fails i will go buy another disc but unfortunately that would have to wait for two weeks as the month is gunna end and bills are coming up. any help is greatly appreciated! i tried to give a step by step details of everything i did so itll be easier to assess and help. im not computer stupid just mac stupid..

2. Jsin thread starter macrumors newbie

I've read some more about downloading a safari dmg file and installing that would this fix the problem altogether or still I still have to go and find other things safari already has throughout the folders? If that can be done can I also just transfer it thru a usb cord? Which would be the right safari to download so I wont get the same message as before?