Another disk stuck

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hook 'em, Oct 12, 2008.

1. hook 'em macrumors newbie

Hello all,

New here and I have a problem with my 20" iMac.

A few weeks ago I tried to burn a CD but it didn't work. I tried to eject the CD through iTunes and the CD icon on the desktop disappeared and no disk came out. I've tried everything to get it out. Eject button on keyboard doesn't work, clicking the mouse on restart doesn't work, clicking the trackball makes the disk move around but it doesn't come out.

Any ideas?

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if i put the CD in backwards. I never know how it goes, i just guess and it works.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

3. hook 'em thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm....

4. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

This from Mac Help:
    "If you've tried all the usual methods of ejecting a CD or DVD from your computer's optical drive, there are some other methods you can try.
    •First, quit all applications that are using files on the disc. Then try one of these alternate methods:
    •Open Disk Utility (in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder), select the disc, and choose File > Eject.
    •Choose Apple menu > Restart and hold down the mouse or trackpad button until the disc ejects.
    If your drive has an emergency eject hole, put the computer to sleep and insert a large, straightened paper clip in the small emergency eject hole of the drive (the location varies, depending on the drive). Push firmly until the disc ejects."

NOT from Mac Help - It might help to have two people in attendance for this procedure.
    If all other methods fail, try holding or tipping your iMac on its side over the edge of the desk, disk loading slot downward, as you reboot and hold down the L mouse button, or hold the disk eject button on the keyboard.

And, by the way, when you insert a disk into the optical drive, the shiny unprinted side should be facing away from you.