Another email from Apple re: changing Apple ID to new iCloud email address

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by James Godfrey, Oct 13, 2011.

1. James Godfrey macrumors regular

Hi all

Just received this from apple:

Hello James,

Jon here from the iTunes Store. Saptarshi has stepped out of the office, and has asked me to take over their emails.

James, after some investigating, it appears you do not have an iTunes Store account under the name, "xxx@me.com." That being said, if you have this email address as an alternate email address for the account, "xxx@hotmail.co.uk," then please be aware that it is merely only a alternate email address, not the actual email address or account name.

Also, please be aware that it is not possible to change an account ID/email address to a MobileMe email address. Same goes if you would like to change a MobileMe account ID/email address on an iTunes Store account to a different account ID, as this cannot be done.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of this matter. I hope this information has been helpful.

Thank you very much for being part of the iTunes Store family, James. I hope you have a great day.

Sincerely, Jon iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

-

It seems to me that they are currently not realising the difference between mobileme and iCloud email addresses.

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

This is lame. I wanted to try completely disconnecting from my Gmail, but Apple themselves won't let it happen. Irony?