Another extremely pleased customer.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Doublewire, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Doublewire macrumors member

Doublewire

I got my Macbook today.

About the screen complaint: What the heck? I was running on battery power when I was using it in the car, so I turned the brightness down to conserve energy. I got home thinking it looked a little lackluster then remembered what I had done. I turned it up to 100% brightness and my eyeballs just about exploded. It is absolutely beautiful, and in no way washed out or underpowered.

Dents, scratches: Nada. Guess I'm lucky.

There's one thing that really stood out for me. The SOUND. I played a song and not only does it get amazingly loud, the sound is pristine and crystal clear. And I can't even SEE them. The sound is utterly amazing, the LED screen is fantastic and it has no flaws whatsoever, I recommend it to everyone.

Oh, the box is really cool too. :]

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Impossible! You must be a plant for Apple. Well over 11 people have made it very clear on these forums that Apple's QC is non-existent. Surely you have SOME flaw. Maybe it's not readily visible, but I'll bet inside the computer there are major QC problems. For instance, have you tasted any of the inner parts? If they taste weird, RED FLAG! TAKE IT BACK! DEMAND SATISFACTION!

COME ON APPLE GET IT TOGETHER! THESE COMPUTERS TASTE LIKE CRAP!

3. Tosser macrumors 68030

LOL, it's a laptop. I wonder how you can think that much of such speakers?
    Although they might be close to the quality of the MBP (prev.) speakers, that were pretty good as far as laptop speakers go, you simply cannot make laptop speakers that sounds "amazing" and "crystal clear". You would need good headphones or real speakers/monitors to get that.

Anyway, congrats on your new purcase. Hopefully no problems will begin to surface.

4. Doublewire thread starter macrumors member

Doublewire

Try it, it really is fantastically impressive.
    Oh, and thanks :]

5. Doublewire thread starter macrumors member

Doublewire

OH, and does anyone know where I can get a decent sleeve that I don't have to order online that doesn't cost $293847293458?

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Maybe you could revisit the Apple Store or any electronics store? Most electronic stores sell laptop sleeves, they do not have to be Mac specific. Just make sure it's for the laptop's screen size, 13" for MB 1" or 17" for MBP 15" and 17" respectively and widescreen.

7. Doublewire thread starter macrumors member

Doublewire

Do you think a Mac reseller would carry sleeves? There are at least two very close to where I live.

8. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

Yep, most resellers sell all kinds of Apple accessories.

9. Timmbo macrumors regular

The reseller near me sells loads. It might depend on the reseller though, so don't hold me to it!

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

^ It's not limited to Apple, but everything from mice and keyboards to webcams (macs already have the iSight) to spare lithium ion batteries. I have Fry's, Best Buys, Circuit City, and Walmart (yea...) close to where I live and they all carry computer/notebook accessories including notebook sleeves. Stores like Target also carry them as well, in the Electronics department, or just ask around. Good luck.

11. Doublewire thread starter macrumors member

Doublewire