Another Facebook Bug?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Megalobyte, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I know FB is a battery hog, and I know for every minute you spend actually on FB and messenger you have 2-3 minutes of mysterious background activity.

But what's new to me is, every time I'm on the FB app or Messenger, the spinning wheel that indicates loading never stops. Ever. I'm pretty sure it used to.

I've deleted them and reinstalled them but it's still getting stuck in perpetual spinning. I can practically feel it draining my battery. :)

Anybody else notice this, is there a fix other than, just delete them and go outside more. :)

I don't like using the FB web/desktop version either.

Thx.

2. P71Jeff macrumors newbie

Yep mine does the same on LTE and when on WIFI mine phones warms up as well

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I'll have to take a look and see if mine is spinning. I do know my battery is getting killed on either the FB app or the Apple News App. On the News App it's draining at a rate of approximately 1% per minute. If you want to read the news at breakfast or lunch for 20 minutes, say goodbye to about 20% of your battery charge.

Even totally off and with a restart I'm getting horrible battery life these days. But definitely worse with those two apps open. I do close them when I'm not using them. Sometimes if I have to travel I even delete the FB app just to be on the safe side. Unfortunately most of my friends and extended family prefer to reach me via FB and FB Messenger. So I'm stuck with it.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Sounds to me like FB needs to give it's users some options in their app.

5. geta macrumors 6502a

There is only one bug and its called Facebook ;)

6. Megalobyte thread starter macrumors 6502a

FaceBug

7. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

Delete it, best way to solve all the issues they have