Another G5

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Gila, May 30, 2012.

1. Gila macrumors newbie

Gila

I have a late model quadcore G5 that is maxed out (SCSI, Quadro FX4500, floppy drive, Wacom tablet, etc.) and running OS 10.4.11. I have peripherals that ran on my Beige G3, that function as good as new, that I want to have running on my G5. My ADB functions just fine (Kensington TurboMouse), but hardware that requires AppleTalk does not. I have the Keyspan adaptor, but I can't even make my external Supra FAX/Modem function with it, much less my AppleWriter II laser printer and CMS ColorScript 210.

Does anyone know of any solutions? :eek:

I'd also like to up date Java, FlashPlayer, etc., if anyone knows of any tricks. I cannot update my OS any further, as I have a fortune tied up in Classic software...

2. Ariii macrumors 6502a

Ariii

You've probably already considered this, but if you have the money, you might be able to experiment with Leopard and try SheepShaver. You can now find old hardware for pretty cheap, so you might want to get a cheap Mac that can boot OS 9 natively so you can use the old software, while you can use Leopard and have the newest version of applications, and you might even be able to get those peripherals to work.