Another GEVEY question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thomja1, Jun 19, 2012.

1. thomja1 macrumors newbie

Hello

Everytime apple releases a new iOS version my baseband ets updated. If I have a GEVEY unlocked iphone wont I have to buy a new GEVEY card every time a new update get released?

Thank you

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you either stay on old baseband or wait till gevey puts out a new adapter for newer baseband versions.
    Its not a guarantee that they will alway have a new one available to unlock. It might take weeks or months.

3. Sunsean macrumors 6502

This is the exact reason I just switched from an unlocked Verizon phone to a regular gsm phone. I want to enjoy ios 6 when it drops!

4. leandrohiroshi macrumors newbie

Hi!

So...I have an iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3, baseband 04.10.01, already unlocked with gevey ultra. If I preserve my baseband and upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 or 5.1, will I still be able to unlock it with the same gevey ultra, which I bought 2 years ago? I mean, I don't have to buy an "updated" gevey sim to get it to work, right?

thank you!

5. leandrohiroshi macrumors newbie

6. leandrohiroshi macrumors newbie

Okay...I tried update/restore my iPhone to iOS 5.0.1 and iTunes gave me error 3194, which, apparently can be fixed with TinyUmbrella, but I couldn't launch it, "unable to validate library...", something like that always pop up. People told it was a Java problem, so I upgraded everything here, even tried on a Windows PC and still couldn't launch it.

When I was almost losing my hope, I tried edit the hosts myself, writing "74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com" hoping it would fix error 3194 and it did. But now, iTunes gave error 1602.

To fix that on a mac, apparently, I just have to delete any line with "gs.apple.com" on the hosts, but if I do that, error 3194 will be back.

To fix that in Windows, iREB would be the solution, but after using it, iTunes gave error 1601.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong...I'm confuse, hehehehe can anybody help me? Please.

Thank you!

7. CarlFredrik macrumors newbie

Gevey.com or Applenberry.com?

Hi,

I'm confused. It seems like on the Gevey packages it says both Gevey.com and Applenberry.com

I know that applenberry.com is the legit site, but what about gevey.com?