another goofy noob question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pie72, Apr 22, 2010.

1. pie72 macrumors newbie

I prefer to edit my photos in Picassa, which I have installed as an app, but for some reason my photos are not being imported to iPhoto as well. No matter if I save an image online or download from my camera.

Any ideas? I wonder if I messed up a setting. I am on OS X and my browser is Camino, if that helps.

I am going to have a lot of questions and can't tell you how nice it is to be able to come here. Thank you. :apple:

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

So ARE they imported or NOT? (Sorry your post is little confusing, just clarifying)

You can set iPhoto to launch when camera is connected from its preferences. As far as I know, you have to import them to iPhoto if you want them to be in iPhoto. If you download pic from net, it'll go to Downloads folder

P.S. Feel free to join MR IRC channel (link in my sig), there you can get instant help

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

...but not goofy. However, your title qualifies. It's much more helpful to use a descriptive title, to potential replies, and thus to you as well.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You can import your pictures into iPhoto, then in iPhoto preferences you can choose an application to use for editing, so that double clicking on a photo, in iPhoto, will then launch the chosen application and display said photo.

5. Mork macrumors 6502

This was good information. I hadn't gotten around to turning off iPhoto's opening when I connected my camera. Thanks HH!