Another goofy question from a newbie...Mac acting weird

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Johnny Shear, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Johnny Shear macrumors newbie

OK...First of all, this is really no big thing. Mostly because the problem comes and goes. But when it comes, it's a real headache!!

So I'm hoping you all Mac Professionals can help...

Sometimes, like now...At the very top of my screen, above the red, yellow and green buttons (The same place where the time is, all the way to the right)...

I only get the Apple icon, Firefox and Menu.

Other times, I get all the other stuff (Differing command options) along side the above mentioned items.

Now...This causes a real problem because I need (Whatever command it is) that command so I can change my windows screen from full (Which covers my Mac dock, and forces me to shut Windows down if I want to see the doc and access Mac) to normal Mac view, which exposes the dock and allows me to switch back and forth between the two.

This happens all the time and I don't know what I do to make it right....Can any of you help me?

Thanks to all!

Johnny

2. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

3. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

It has to do with what application/window is selected.

If you have clicked on the desktop you will see the options for the desktop even though it may look like your firefox window is in front. If you then click the firefox window you will see the menu options at the top.

That's all.
    No need to reinstall.

4. Wayne s macrumors regular

Agreed, that's what I used to have problems with, still do some times.