Phones Another great Android phone (and it's not from Samsung or HTC)

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by cdmoore74, Aug 31, 2013.

1. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The back keys look interesting. From the review, looks like the build quality is subpar.

3. tbayrgs, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Doesn't fit my personal tastes--just a bit too big, high gloss plastic, LG's skin seems to lack any consistency and to my eyes looks/feels an awful lot like TouchWiz, which I personally don't prefer. I do like how they allow some customization of the on screen buttons.

I certainly hope it does well though--more competitors putting out more great devices is always good for us consumers.

4. AutoUnion39, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I like the LG skin very much, but I don't trust LG. Poor dev community and they have a crap track record for updates in the US.

Not to mention, their resale value is terrible. I was able to pick up a OG last year for $250 right after it came out. The GS3 is still over $300 a year later.

5. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I can't wait to play with one in the store. I guess I'll have to see if the good parts of the phone outweigh the bad. The only reason I might not get the HTC One is because I like the G2 or Note 3 better.

6. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

If it comes to T-Mobile, i may get one with the Jump program and then perhaps upgrade to a Nexus 5 or whatever it is called at some point. Cetainly would like to check one out.

When does it come out?

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

8. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I've read that Verizon will have it September 12 and AT&T the 13th.

9. bnnentertainmen macrumors regular

LG has copied touchwiz (and the bad thing is that i hate touchwiz)

the camera key will be a problem when you want to take a landscape photo

it's made out of plastic(although all of the phones were made out of plastic before but the trend is changing and they should adapt as quickly as possible)

the HTC one max is the device what i'm waiting for. it'd surely be much better than this.

10. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Thanks! I've read it though... definitely a must get for me if

- the Sony Honami (Mini) can't beat it (I don't think it will, at least not regarding the price/value ratio, in which Sony has always sucked) and

- the Nexus 5 isn't based on it or if it's indeed based, with a much worse camera module.

11. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Actually LG has a very uniformed overlay and is not laggy like touchwiz believe me its my biggest pet peeve. All there core apps look more like a iphone ripoff them touchwiz but then this is all moot when we have nova launcher.
    Also LG has some nice camera software which includes voice shutter just say cheese or smile and it snaps picture.
    I think it's a sleeper!

12. bnnentertainmen macrumors regular

that's just your opinion, in my opinion, the LG ui looks a lot like the samsung ui. only the HTC ui (sense) is what i like and that's why i'm waiting for the one max