Another happy Apple story :D

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by the mac geek, Dec 8, 2008.

1. the mac geek macrumors member

So, I bought the new Macbook Pro not too long after they were released. Went through three of them with various issues (keyboards, speaker crud, etc.) Finally I got one I was happy with.

For the trouble Apple had me choice a gift. I went with a 1TB My Book Studio (eSata yeah!). They are shipping it overnight.

I have always had good luck with Apple treating me right. I have a Macbook Pro that I am happy with and a 1TB MyBook for storage. Thanks Apple :D

2. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

You got something free just for that? Man how do you guys luck out like that. Mine is plagued with problems and I never get offered free stuff :(

3. the mac geek thread starter macrumors member

Well, I did use the power of suggestion. ;) All it took was a little mention. You can do it too!

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I got a 500gb FW/usb HD plus Sweet Apple shirt on the free back in Feb when they scratched and dented my MBP during a series of repairs... :rolleyes:
    Enjoy :)

5. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

That's good to hear. Usually people just post their bad experiences with Apple. I'm just glad that I have yet to experience a bad machine. :D

6. killerwhack macrumors regular

killerwhack

My Happy Apple Story

I bought an MBP. I opened the box and everything was there. The machine worked perfectly and continues to work perfectly every day.

End of story.

7. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

Did they give you a selection of gifts to choose from, or just anything on the Apple store? :D Personally, I'd have picked a 32GB iPod touch or an AirPort Extreme. ;) Hell, I could just go all out and ask for a rain check on a fully loaded Nehalem Mac Pro. :D

8. 7even macrumors 6502a

Damn. All I got for my troubles were skeptical looks.

9. infernohellion macrumors 6502

infernohellion

It's true. The only time when you bother coming to a discussion board and post something is when you have problem. When you don't, you enjoy your computer and not telling anyone... lol

10. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

My MBP has been behind the genius bar for over a week because of a problem they caused when replacing my 8600, then worsened later... step 2?... step 3, profit. Is that how my situation is supposed to work too?

11. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

During my gift, he originally offered me a free copy of Leopard, but since I already had it, I was asked to choose a product from the store that was approximately the price of Leopard ($129) but I chose the Iomega 500g HD which was around $170 at the time. The rep asked me to name a few other things in case he couldn't get that for me, so I went the next step down and asked for BT Keybd/MM combo as an alternate. Oh, and I didn't even ask for the tshirt, they just sent that out of the goodness of their hearts I suppose.

12. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

What rep gave you resents? An Applecare phone rep, or a store manager rep, or some other duderino from Cuppertino?

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'll see your hard drive and raise you a logic board:

My dad's iMac G5 stopped booting. Took it to the local Apple Store. Genius told me to just do a clean install with Leopard. Took it home, couldn't do that. Brought it back a few days later. Genius told me to replace the hard drive. Did that, still the same problem. Took it back yesterday. Genius said they'd replace logic board and have it working later this week -- at no charge.

Try getting that outta HP customer service. :)