Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the mac geek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
So, I bought the new Macbook Pro not too long after they were released. Went through three of them with various issues (keyboards, speaker crud, etc.) Finally I got one I was happy with.

For the trouble Apple had me choice a gift. I went with a 1TB My Book Studio (eSata yeah!). They are shipping it overnight.

I have always had good luck with Apple treating me right. I have a Macbook Pro that I am happy with and a 1TB MyBook for storage. Thanks Apple :D

palebluedot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
So, I bought the new Macbook Pro not too long after they were released. Went through three of them with various issues (keyboards, speaker crud, etc.) Finally I got one I was happy with.

For the trouble Apple had me choice a gift. I went with a 1TB My Book Studio (eSata yeah!). They are shipping it overnight.

I have always had good luck with Apple treating me right. I have a Macbook Pro that I am happy with and a 1TB MyBook for storage. Thanks Apple :D

You got something free just for that? Man how do you guys luck out like that. Mine is plagued with problems and I never get offered free stuff :(

the mac geek

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
You got something free just for that? Man how do you guys luck out like that. Mine is plagued with problems and I never get offered free stuff :(

Well, I did use the power of suggestion. ;) All it took was a little mention. You can do it too!

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
I got a 500gb FW/usb HD plus Sweet Apple shirt on the free back in Feb when they scratched and dented my MBP during a series of repairs... :rolleyes:
Enjoy :)

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
That's good to hear. Usually people just post their bad experiences with Apple. I'm just glad that I have yet to experience a bad machine. :D

Sehnsucht

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2008

Did they give you a selection of gifts to choose from, or just anything on the Apple store? :D Personally, I'd have picked a 32GB iPod touch or an AirPort Extreme. ;) Hell, I could just go all out and ask for a rain check on a fully loaded Nehalem Mac Pro. :D

infernohellion

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2006
København
I bought an MBP. I opened the box and everything was there. The machine worked perfectly and continues to work perfectly every day.

End of story.
It's true. The only time when you bother coming to a discussion board and post something is when you have problem. When you don't, you enjoy your computer and not telling anyone... lol

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
My MBP has been behind the genius bar for over a week because of a problem they caused when replacing my 8600, then worsened later... step 2?... step 3, profit. Is that how my situation is supposed to work too?

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
Did they give you a selection of gifts to choose from, or just anything on the Apple store? :D Personally, I'd have picked a 32GB iPod touch or an AirPort Extreme. ;) Hell, I could just go all out and ask for a rain check on a fully loaded Nehalem Mac Pro. :D

During my gift, he originally offered me a free copy of Leopard, but since I already had it, I was asked to choose a product from the store that was approximately the price of Leopard ($129) but I chose the Iomega 500g HD which was around $170 at the time. The rep asked me to name a few other things in case he couldn't get that for me, so I went the next step down and asked for BT Keybd/MM combo as an alternate. Oh, and I didn't even ask for the tshirt, they just sent that out of the goodness of their hearts I suppose.

drichards

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2008
What rep gave you resents? An Applecare phone rep, or a store manager rep, or some other duderino from Cuppertino?

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I'll see your hard drive and raise you a logic board:

My dad's iMac G5 stopped booting. Took it to the local Apple Store. Genius told me to just do a clean install with Leopard. Took it home, couldn't do that. Brought it back a few days later. Genius told me to replace the hard drive. Did that, still the same problem. Took it back yesterday. Genius said they'd replace logic board and have it working later this week -- at no charge.

Try getting that outta HP customer service. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.