Another happy customer (Apple Watch 2)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by RandomStranger4, Sep 18, 2016.

1. RandomStranger4 macrumors member

RandomStranger4

Early days, but so far very happy with my Apple Watch 2.

Prior to the orders opening online, I went into an Apple store to try out the different watches and bands, and this turned out to be important for avoiding disappointment. I was thinking of the black stainless steel model, with either the black links bracelet, or the black milanese loop. It turned out that the milanese loop was an awkward fit for me, and the links bracelet, IMNSHO, looked and felt cheap rather than a premium product. Conversely, the gold-tinted sports watch with the black strap looked quite fun. Similarly, trying various straps and watches to approximate the look of the ceramic edition, we quickly realized such a prominently white watch would look awkward on me - the colors just did not work. So ultimately, I talked myself down from the most expensive watches to the cheapest, and for the right reasons. I am very happy with the result. My friend who acted as fashion consultant also picked up a gold-aluminum, but with the black milanese loop. We are both very happy - but surprised how much paying attention to these little things really changed our experience. I genuinely think I would have been unhappy if I had bought sight-unseen off the web page.

So what is it like in use? So far, it is acting mostly as a fitness tracker to keep me motivated boosting the exercise in my daily routine. Let's say I'm a little on the large side, and looking to lose enough weight that I could safely enter a gym without messing up my knees. If that comment does not make sense to you - fantastic, that is a problem you never want to need to understand! But given my goal of simply walking more to get started, the watch is helping me stay on target, and stay motivated. I believe this will wane a little once the novelty factor eases off in a week or so, but should still be enough to keep me focussed.

(for the record, just under 28,000 steps and 2,000 active calories, getting me a second lap of the activity ring - weekends have potential)

Looking forward to trying the watch in a pool next week, as I am on a trip that will hopefully have a pool in the hotel. I am less keen on the early morning start that implies though!

So far, I am not seeing the appeal of other apps, although the regular pings from Message are nice.

Oh, and occasionally it tells me the time too :)

2. Attirex macrumors 6502

3. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Apple is doomed™

4. iClone macrumors regular

The gate we have all been waiting for.

5. WombatWattBike macrumors member

Well done on the fitness efforts, I know exactly what you are going through. I've lost 8 1/2 stone over 3 years and have run my first half marathon this year and now training for a triathlon! One of the things I found great in the early stages was working on non impact training - cross trainer, bike, weights and running in the pool - all of which you can do with the AW! Good luck and I'm still waiting for my watch!!

6. RandomStranger4 thread starter macrumors member

RandomStranger4

I know you weren't saying this to show off, but that is quite amazing. VERY well done, and good luck with the triathlon.

7. WombatWattBike macrumors member

Thanks and absolutely not, was hoping it would inspire a little. ;-)