Another headphone issue...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by spencecb, Jul 31, 2013.

1. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

When I unplugged my EarPods this morning from my iPhone 5 with iOS 7 Beta 4, it won't recognize that I've unplugged them. And I've tried plugging them in and removing them, restarting the iPhone, force quitting the music app, did a force restart of the iPhone...nothing works.

Has anyone else seen this or know what to do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mabus51 macrumors 6502

I've noticed something similar with Airplay. After disconnecting from iTunes it doesn't always reactivate the sounds on the phone. I could only get it to happen twice so far and haven't been able to figure out exactly which event causes it to happen. But I had to reboot in order to fix it.

As far as your headphones go the button that the 3.5mm jack hits may still be depressed or stuck making the phone think the headphones are still in.

3. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Interesting. I haven't really experienced any AirPlay problems since Beta 3, as it fixed them for me.

As for my other issue, it resolved itself. Not sure what the deal was, but it is fine now.

4. Mabus51 macrumors 6502

The reason I responded to your post, is now I'm wondering if there is a bug with sound events not always triggering properly. Maybe it has nothing to do with Airplay or the headphones. ;)

5. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

Could be, but that seems like it would be unlikely to me. I'd say it would be more of a bug with the headphone jack properly detecting when something was there. They had problems with this in the past. I believe iOS 4.