Another Heart Rate Question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Neo1975, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Neo1975 macrumors regular

Hey.

I get average heart rate on the activity app on my iPhone when I go for a walk, but never when I run.

There are readings from my run, I can see these on my iPhone. However, the app never displays an average result.

I wear my watch snugly so I can't see that's the issue.

Any ideas ?

2. ivandr macrumors regular

Thats not how it should be. I see the Avg pace as well as Avg heart rate (plus total time, total distance & active/resting calories) for my runs. Perhaps try restarting your watch and if that doesn't work potentially unpairing and re-pairing your watch. (That will lose all motion calibration FYI)

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

On several occasions my AW fails to maintain a HR reading no matter what I do. Very disappointing to be about 3/4 through your run and see that the watch is not doing its job. It is the reason I still wear my Surge while on a run. It have never failed me.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I can't answer for the exercise app on the watch, but did you try using RunKeeper? It can be set on the watch and uses your phones GPS. The phone app will then give you the map you ran, your splits, and average pace. I haven't tried the built in exercise app yet, but I have used run keeper.