Another "Help me choose" thread...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reddmanz, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Reddmanz macrumors regular

I've been lurking on MR for around the past year but have been too scared to make an account as I think id waste too much of my time here! But seeing as I've started to check back here whenever i get the chance thought I may as well now!

Anyway,Im another person stuck for which MBP to get myself. This will be my first Mac I've bought myself since I got my G3 iMac a few years ago and I was then handed down a G4 Power Mac G4. Its now time to get a bit more up to date I think. I am a Photography student and starting University next September so aside from the usual internet surfing etc it will be mainly used for photo editing. I am also interested in maybe a bit of gaming/music production when I eventually get it. For this reason I've been leaning towards a 15" simply because of screen size but as my budget is only about £800 - £1000 (at a push) Im a bit stuck. The two options I have been considering are

Refurbished 13" 2.4 C2D with the 320M + 10h battery for £849 from the Apple store.

OR

Slightly older 15" with 2.53 or 2.4 C2D with the 9400M graphics and lesser battery life.

Another thing to consider is that if I did get the 13" I could probably just about afford an external screen (Ive been looking at some NEC 22" for around £100 - £150ish)

Anyway I'd just like peoples opinions on what I should maybe go for bearing in mind my budget etc. Thanks in advance!

2. GTghost macrumors regular

If the 15 is in great condition, I'd definitely go with that one.
    Someone gave me a MBP that wasnt used for 1 year and it runs fine.