Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
OK... I could be reading way into this press release from Adobe's website. I simply went to their site and did a search for "iphone". Here is one of the links I uncovered:

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200709/092407PRE4.html

Here is what I pulled out of there where it brings up the iPhone:

Share Your Movies Virtually Anywhere
The new Sharing Center centralizes many ways to show off videos. Consumers can upload and share videos in multiple ways including on disc, the Web, and mobile devices such as the Apple iPhone. Videos can be exported in Adobe Flash Player compatible video to Web sites without requiring any special encoding. Video enthusiasts can also take advantage of the latest technology and enjoy movies in high definition, including Blu-ray Disc. Adobe Premiere Elements 4 takes care of optimizing and formatting for the specific destination so movies always look great.

Now, does this mean we will need flash to share these videos?

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
OK... I could be reading way into this press release from Adobe's website. I simply went to their site and did a search for "iphone". Here is one of the links I uncovered:

The new Sharing Center centralizes many ways to show off videos. Consumers can upload and share videos in multiple ways including on disc, the Web, and mobile devices such as the Apple iPhone. Videos can be exported in Adobe Flash Player compatible video to Web sites without requiring any special encoding. Video enthusiasts can also take advantage of the latest technology and enjoy movies in high definition, including Blu-ray Disc. Adobe Premiere Elements 4 takes care of optimizing and formatting for the specific destination so movies always look great.

I hope seems like they are doing something

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY

No... This release is about Adobe Premiere Elements, a video editing tool, which provides output in standard video formats. Those videos could be synced (using iTunes) and viewed on the iPhone. The release mentions Flash output, AFTER discussing the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.