Another "How do I" thread...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iMerlin, Sep 12, 2008.

1. iMerlin macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

Hey all, I just got a MBP a week ago or so and I am loving it. It is such a gorgeous machine, when Im at work Im thinking about being with my MBP! :eek:

Im getting used to the command key and some keyboard shortcuts, but I cant figure out how to do one thing...

This seems like its so simple, but I simply cant figure it out. When you delete something, and this window pops up...
    What keyboard shortcut do I use to select Delete/OK. It automatically highlights Cancel. I cant arrow over to it, or cmd-d....Ive tried a ton of combos and still cant get it.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Try pressing space, works with some of those dialogues.

EDIT: ahh WildCowboy explains the mystery.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You'll need to turn on "All controls" for tab control in System Preferences --> Keyboard & Mouse --> Keyboard Shortcuts. Then you'll be able to use "tab" to bounce between options and "space" to select.

4. jamaica14 macrumors member

with my dell i just press tab to switch between thing like that so just try pressing that and then when the desired word is highlighted just press enter

5. iMerlin thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMerlin

Oh hell yes!! There is a reason you are the Mac god! Thanks Cowboy.

6. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Well damn that's solved a lot of shortcut guessing. Never thought to look there.

Thanks for that. :)