Another "How To Buy an iPhone" Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghsNick, Oct 2, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So regardless of what is announced on Tuesday (I'm hoping for a nice upgrade though lol) I plan on getting the iPhone 5 (or 4S if that's the only one).

I've never owned an iPhone and my original Motorola Droid is on its last leg...I hope it can make it until the 14th (or whenever it goes on sale).

My question is, what is the best way to get your iPhone on release day?

I won't be lining up outside an Apple store because I have classes Mon-Thur so I was wondering if I should go to my local Verizon Store or Pre-Order it at Apple.com?

If they announce the phone will be available Oct 14 will it only be available through Apple that day? Or Verizon/AT&T also?

I know there's going to be a HUGE strain on the new iPhone and there could be delays since it's probably going to sell out.

But from previous buyers which way was the best method?

Apple Store, Pre-Order through Apple.com, or going into AT&T/Verizon?

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

If you pre-order right after the keynote which is usually when they start you should be getting it on launch day. Last year however a good amount of first day pre-orders actually got the iPhone 4 two days before it officially wen't on sale.

3. ghsNick thread starter macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So after I pre-order it for Verizon I take it into the Verizon store and they activate it?

And another question...I'm due for an upgrade at Verizon, normally the new iPhone would cost around $199 with my upgrade...but it would be WAY more expensive if I wasn't due for an upgrade.

If I order it through Apple would I have to pay some ridiculous amount or would I get it for the same price I'd get it at Verizon?

If it's the same price the Pre-Order sounds like the best way to go.

4. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

With AT&T it makes it so much more simpler as you just pre-order the phone and once it arrives you just put in your old SIM. But If you buy the carrier locked version it should come pre-activated as you have to fill out information on the order page whether it be directly from Apple or Verizon.