Another "I called bestbuy" story

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HelloMikee, Jun 16, 2010.

1. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

EDIT - looks like a few different stories from the same bestbuy... tisk tisk

Keeping the faith alive for some... and more fuel for the haters...

So I finally talked to someone who knew what was going on. He was aware about all the stuff being told from various Best Buys on the internet...

And he said "For what it's worth (lol-me), we could not have scanned and preordered an item for you if it was not going to be available. Our computers don't lie.

It's in our system, scheduled to come in along with the black iPhones so I don't know why it wouldn't be here. Our store was not contacted regarding not having a white version of the phone."

[​IMG]

I can wait, but I'd also be esthetic if indeed it comes.

2. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

Im going to call that store... "9540 Mira Mesa Blvd" ?

3. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

4. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

\

I really like your pictures...what font do you use? What's that photo effect called? (oldish picturing looking)

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ha ha...That's the exact BB I go to when I travel to our CA office. The hotel is near there and I usually get bored and go buy a DVD.

Off-topic, but it's funny to see a place I know pop up here.

6. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

uhhh.. did you mean "ecstatic" ?

7. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I have the same receipt. However after going in today the Manager told me they would NOT have them. That all pre-ordered white phones will automatically be switched to black.

IN FACT: during this post, the BB manager called me just to tell me my white pre-order was now black. They were emailed this morning.

Blonde Buddhist

8. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

LOL yes. I'm doing a presentation on design aesthetics - I must have combined the two.

9. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Same store? I had asked if I should change my order to black and he said no, shouldn't be a problem (even though I wouldn't because I'll hold out for white).

10. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Thanks, if you're talking about my tags in my photos, I'm using Univers 45 Light

11. xtend macrumors regular

lol.. thats insane..

i guess black is the new white :D

:mad::mad:

12. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

If that's the case they need to call me and tell me so I can cancel and some other lucky fellow can get in on my preorder

13. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

unfortunately the manager at that store is wrong. there are going to be no white phones until later in the summer :(. I am not stoked about it... i too had a white pre-order through best buy.

sorry

14. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Yup. Same store. Black it will be. I still have an available line so if I REALLY feel the need I can always add a line to get the subsidized price. I doubt it though.

15. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

haha. indeed it is. was I let down? a bit. but i'm over it.

16. kokesh macrumors regular

who are you?

17. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Yeah, best buy is wrong. They took a whole bunch of white iPhone pre-orders, then they realized they won't have the white iPhone for a while. Too bad.

18. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I said it once, I'll say it again- I just don't think there's a way to get a white iPhone on launch day. If Apple isn't selling them, neither will BB. The situation sucks, but hopefully they'll be out soon. You could alway just get black!

19. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

After seeing the Bumpers on the white phone, it makes black look much better IMO. The naked white is what made it sexy for me. But I would never have it without a case or bumper.

Blonde Buddhist

20. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Agreed. I liked the white, and was trying to convince myself to get it, but black won me over in the end.

My advice for everyone who "needs" the white, just wait it out. It's going to be hell on the 24th, and your best bet may be to wait for it to be available on Apple's site.

21. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I'm still holding out for white and I'll post pictures and start the "official best buy did get white iPhones" thread too :)

22. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I plan on getting to Best Buy 2 hours early. It sounded as if they would have a pre-ordered line, but just in case. If no one is in line when I get there, I'll just listen to some tunes and grab McDonalds breakfast (rite next door). I eat it 3 or 4 times a year to keep it's grease bombness in tact. haha.

23. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Well. I like your optimism, however the facts are stacked too high for me to subscribe to it. But hey, get there early enough and maybe Jobs himself will hand you one.

Blonde Buddhist

24. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

So you'll get it...eventually.