Another I phone speaker question...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Flowergoddess, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Flowergoddess, Mar 5, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2011

Flowergoddess macrumors newbie

I have poured over the forums and tried a couple of the fixes suggested, with no luck. So I'm posing the question again. About a week ago while driving I tried to play music from the iPod in my I phone. As I recall, the sound seemed to go in and out for a minute, then nothing. Speaker phone will not work, phone will not ring, alarm will not sound. When I plug it in to an external speaker i will hear sounds..but not if I plug it in the car stereo, and not when making calls while pressing speaker. I don't understand the difference there... There is a chance something got down in the plug area..but I've tried blowing it out, and repeatedly putting a headphone jack in and out of the hole. What is happening here? :(

after posting this question, mysteriously...there were sounds! However, they are intermittent...and I noticed something. While playing a song, I gently pressed the bottom left corner of phone. When I did that, the sound stopped completely. Curious. Lol

2. stormchaser macrumors 6502

stormchaser

I had this problem on my 3G and thought it was interference in the area but wasn,t so i synced the phone about 3 times and have not had this trouble since.Hope this helps and sorry for being vague.

3. Flowergoddess thread starter macrumors newbie

:)

The information is much appreciated, thank you.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

That sure sounds like a hardware issue to me, and it probably isn't gonna get any better.:( Is it repeatable? You don't say what version of iPhone that you have, but if it is an iPhone 4, it is still under warranty.

5. Flowergoddess thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the 3GS. Ok, lamest question I know but hardware means the actual phone right lol *blushes*

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Yes, the actual phone. Is the 3GS still in warranty? If you can repeat the problem, by pressing on that corner, make an appointment at the Apple Genius bar.
    You might get lucky, they may replace it even it it is out of warranty. It certainly wouldn't be the first time... Good Luck!