Another "I spilled water" thread, except it was beer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 3link, Mar 7, 2017.

1. 3link macrumors newbie

****. You know the story. This was actually several months ago. I was drunk so I didn't take the proper preventative steps after it happened. I flipped my laptop upside down and I shut it down. Now it won't power up. This was several months ago and I never did anything about it. Now I kind of need it again.

When I plug the power in, it lights up orange (meaning the battery is charging) and then goes green after about 10 minutes. But when I hit the power button, nothing happens.

I've read mixed stories of success and failure from people who have done this in the past. Some people say the problem could be limited to the keyboard, since the keyboard and power button are part of the same assembly. Others say they were screwed.

Does the fact that my battery charges successfully indicate that the problem could be limited to my keyboard/power button assembly?

I have not taken her apart yet. I can't believe they sell screwdrivers that tiny.

2. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer

Take your MacBook to the Apple Store.
    They can give you a free quote and can say how bad it is.

Don't drink and drive.
    You are welcome.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

It's probably corroded the logic board and shorted something out it'll likely be a poor economic choice to get it fixed.

4. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502a

This. If you spilled beer several months ago and never cleaned it out, the inside is going to be a mess, likely corroded parts, and probably cannot be replaced. Better off buying a new Mac.

That said, I would still take it to an Apple Store to get an estimate.