another i4 "problem"? something loose near back camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tanderson11, Jul 23, 2010.

1. tanderson11 macrumors member

so, i have not dropped my phone what so ever, so its not from dropping it.

but, i noticed setting my phone down the other day that i heard something loose. so i picked it up and tapped at it to see where it was coming from.

i held lose at the bottom and tapped the top and found out its only right around the camera on the back.
    does anyone else's do this.

and after reading all of the bad things about the phone its been getting me worse (the loseness in my phone)

so, what would you recommend i do about it? i dont want it to crap out on me in a month or 3 months or so.

and i'm assuming if i return it, you cant get another one for $200/300, you'd have to pay full price, eh?

thanks

2. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

What about taking it to a apple store and have them take a look at it? most likely they will just replace it on the spot...

3. tanderson11 thread starter macrumors member

yeah i was thinking that, but idk how they're going about the whole process of all the issues. may have to do that this evening.

4. blubyu macrumors member

My advice is stop reading about the bad things right away. That should stop making your problem worse. Then start reading about all the good things about the phone and I am going to assume your problems will get better.

5. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Mine has done this since I got it on launch day as well. I don't have any of the other problems though so it's not worth returning. Every iPhone 4 I've seen so far does it as well.

6. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Stop worrying. It is normal. I noticed this and went to 3 different apple stores and tried all their display models. THEY ALL DID IT. about 30 of them in all. This has been discussed here in the last few weeks many times (I suspect a search would have pulled up about a half dozen threads) and it is the auto focus lens in the camera. lenses focus by adjusting their position to the object and abviously that requires some movement. unfortunately when tapped or set down on a hard surface this "movment" sounds like a bad rattle.

dont worry about it. it is fine.

BTW, if your talking about your upgrade price in the event you were to return it, After you return it to the place of purchase it takes about 48-72 hours and your upgrade eligiblity is restored. so yes, you could get one at a later date for the same $200-$300 price.