Another iCloud/iCal Sync Thread!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Captain Planet, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Mar 24, 2007
    Hi guys,

I have iOS5 on my iPhone 4 and Snow Leopard on my Macbook Pro. Now, I have been trying to figure out how to have my iCal (from my Mac) synced with my iPhone and iCloud.

So far, I can see that my iCloud syncs with my iPhone's iCal perfectly. On iTunes, if I keep the iCal sync option checked (on the info tab while the iPhone is plugged), I can have my iPhone's iCal synced with my Mac's iCal. Then, I believe my iCloud gets synced as well. However, I have duplicates because I have that option checked. So, if I have it unchecked (still on iTunes), my iPhone won't be synced with my Mac's iCal. And if I go on iCloud, iCal is synced with the iPhone... so not with my Mac's iCal.

I know this must sound super confusing... I can try to explain better. If anyone understood what I've tried explaining, is there a way to fix this problem? Is this possibly due to the fact that I do not have Lion on my Mac?

Thanks in advance!
  2. nanoboy macrumors member

Jan 30, 2008
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom
    I have Lion. But I'm not seeing any of the events I created on my Mac actually sync with my iPhone 4S? Do i need to plug in via cable? I thought iCloud is meant to work with wifi and 3G?