Another iCloud/iCal Sync Thread!

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Captain Planet, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Captain Planet macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Hi guys,

I have iOS5 on my iPhone 4 and Snow Leopard on my Macbook Pro. Now, I have been trying to figure out how to have my iCal (from my Mac) synced with my iPhone and iCloud.

So far, I can see that my iCloud syncs with my iPhone's iCal perfectly. On iTunes, if I keep the iCal sync option checked (on the info tab while the iPhone is plugged), I can have my iPhone's iCal synced with my Mac's iCal. Then, I believe my iCloud gets synced as well. However, I have duplicates because I have that option checked. So, if I have it unchecked (still on iTunes), my iPhone won't be synced with my Mac's iCal. And if I go on iCloud, iCal is synced with the iPhone... so not with my Mac's iCal.

I know this must sound super confusing... I can try to explain better. If anyone understood what I've tried explaining, is there a way to fix this problem? Is this possibly due to the fact that I do not have Lion on my Mac?

Thanks in advance!

2. nanoboy macrumors member

I have Lion. But I'm not seeing any of the events I created on my Mac actually sync with my iPhone 4S? Do i need to plug in via cable? I thought iCloud is meant to work with wifi and 3G?