Another iCloud Photos Question

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by wolfpackfan, Sep 12, 2014.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

So let me see if I understand this correctly. In IOS 8 when you turn on iCloud Photos, it removes any existing Photos you have. It also removes the ability to transfer photos manually from your Mac using iTunes. So basically you are starting all over as far as pictures go on your IOS 8 device. Any new pictures you take are stored in the new iCloud Photos system. Until a Photos app comes out there is no way to transfer old pictures from your Mac to your IOS 8 device.

Do I have all this correct? I hate I lost access to all my old wallpaper files that I have accumulated.

2. shotts56 macrumors 6502

What happened for me is that all the pics saved on my phone stayed there and went into the "recently added" folder. So yes, I still have them all.

3. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

This is probably way iCloud Photos is being delayed. It's not done yet.

I suggest just turning it off and doing things the old way until it's ready.

4. Planey28 macrumors 6502

It isn't delayed though.

5. Wbutchart macrumors regular

It is, for most of us it's not an option, we just have the old options (see the many discussions). According to the release material of ios 8 on apples website it's not out in beta for all until October.

6. cschmelz macrumors 6502

Yeah it kinda is. It is delayed for public/non-beta consumption, hence the BETA flag in iOS 8 GM.

I doubt the beta flag will go away until at least Yosemite is released and they have the iDevice to Mac import stuff worked out.

7. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I hope they release a Photos for Yosemite beta so I can at least get pictures from my mac.

8. wolfpackfan thread starter macrumors 68000

Was this for camera roll pictures or pictures copied over from your Mac?