Another insurance/warranty question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abishagenaden, Oct 19, 2014.

1. abishagenaden macrumors member

Just upgraded the 4 phones on our family plan to x2 iPhone 6s, and x2 iPhone 5c's.

Planning to get either AppleCare+ or Squaretrade's 2 years coverage for the 6's, but is it worth getting the same for the two 5c's considering they are already older phones? Not sure how much they would be worth to replace without a contract or insurance a year from now.

Thanks in advance!

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

i've found that cases are always cheaper than insurance

3. abishagenaden thread starter macrumors member

Oh trust me the cases have also already been ordered lol. I just like the additional peace of mind that insurance also offers (though I know loss/theft isn't covered except if purchased directly from the carrier's insurance company).

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Agree 100%. Cases have always saved my butt and I've owned every iPhone except the 2g.

5. abishagenaden thread starter macrumors member

Wow, this got buried fast. So no opinions out there whatsoever on whether it's worth insuring the 5c's, assuming they won't be changed out for at least another 2 years?

6. abishagenaden thread starter macrumors member

Well, went ahead and just insured the 6 and 6+ with Squaretrade, after wrangling them down from $99 to $84 for their 2 year plans. Will just trust the cases for the 5Cs.