Another Internet/MEdia Net question

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Terry66, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Terry66 macrumors newbie

So I bought iphone 4s for my family. Occassionally at night, I see these "phone Internet/MEdia Net" on all the phones when I view my Data Used summary. I have read about this as an existing issue. However on my son's phone, I see the "phone Internet/MEdia Net" over and over like 20 times a day a couple of minutes apart. I know he probably has various communication Apps like Facebook, IM, etc. I know he also has the Sirius Radio app. However, I can't quite pinpoint which App is causing the usage.

Any ideas?

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

You're not going to find out that way, AT&T couldn't care less about what apps are doing what on anyone's phone. It could be an app, it could be email, it could be the phone sending diagnostic logs to Apple. From what I've read, the only thing you can really do is stop it entirely by turning off cellular data in settings. Of course, if you have unlimited data, it doesn't matter how much it's sending and when.

3. Terry66 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I wasn't expecting much from ATT. I was hoping that someone had noticed that using certain apps will trigger this. I mean there are as many as 25-30 per day.