Another iPhone 4S Water Question...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by NickZac, Dec 28, 2011.

1. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

So here it goes. I was at my office today and I was moving a mug of tea I had just brewed. It slipped from my hand and started to fall toward my desk with my iP4 and my MBP and my work laptop. So I had an unusually quick reaction and swatted it out of the way as hard and as fast as I could...in fact it was hard enough to lodge part of the (now broken) mug in our paper thin walls. The MBP was untouched, as was the laptop, but the iP4S has a tinnnny bit of water on it. It had about 4 drops on it but they were at the locations that I did not want them to be. They were on the ear piece area and right by the home screen button. They were on there for literally less than 1/2 of a second. I immediately flipped the phone upside down and shook the water off. I do not believe the drops had enough time to penetrate the crack between the button and the phone or to make its way through the fine mesh to the earpiece and so I did not turn the phone off (it wasn't really an option anyway with what I do). The phone works perfectly fine and the speaker is clear as could be, but I was wondering if you think I am in the clear? Thanks!

2. Senex macrumors member

I'd be more concerned about the wall! (kidding)

If it really was as small an amount as you say, then you're probably just fine. Things like buttons respond well to drying much better than displays, and if the speaker is working apparently fine, then I wouldn't worry about it ...especially if the tea wasn't sugary.

In extreme cases, I've had friends find some success putting wet phones in a bucket of DampRid (commercial product) overnight.