Another iPhone 5 Mock up (ipad 2 like)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sam2428, Jul 10, 2011.

1. sam2428 macrumors 6502

2. iamthedudeman macrumors 65816

I hope they bring back the aluminum case. No need for a plastic case then, it can go naked. Like the original it was the most sturdy of all the iPhones. Never used a case and not a scratch on it.

3. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

kind of what I expect but with curved glass maybe? Also, the camera will be positioned like it is on the iPad 2 I would think.

4. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

This is my favorite iPhone 5 mock up. I would love love love it if the new phone looked like this. :)

5. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

One thing it will not have is the metal radio antenna around it. Apple learned that one already.

6. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

I'm not hearing much about it but if I'm gonna pay 300-600$ for a phone it might as well be 64GB...:D

7. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

The external antenna has quite a few benefits. though, it'd be even more of a problem with a metal back right next to it.

The physical size of this mockup looks bigger which is something i don't think i'd like even if it meant a bigger screen.

8. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

This one looks pretty clean, just a bigger LED on the back and maybe one on the front for notifications.

This mockup seems to have the outside antennae, just not as pronounced as the current.

9. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

In general I like this design. However a few things bother me: first, the earphone speaker is way too big. It just looks ugly. Also, the camera lens looks kinda big too and I feel like it is too centred. It needs to be more in the corner like the iPad 2. As long as it remains the same size as the iPhone 4 and my couple of complaints are addressed, I'm good with getting this one! One question though, what is that small black bar t the top middle of the back view of the phone? I can't figure out what it is supposed to be.

10. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Love it, except the camera looks to be in an awkward place.

11. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Wouldn't mind that sort of back, but please keep the home button a physical button as well as the volume buttons on the side and a mute switch and not button.

12. korndawg macrumors regular

The ipad followed the iphone 4 design, the ipad 2 came out with a new, thinner design with a curved back. So with that, my money is on the iphone getting the same design cues from the ipad 2. So this mockup looks sweet and, IMO, could be similar to what we see in Sept.

13. BrHop156 macrumors member

BrHop156

14. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I hate this mock-up. It's the same reason I didn't like the look of the iPad so much. It's a matte aluminum/metal backing. It's just not sleek and smooth like the iPhone should be. Polish that metal up all shiny and it will probably look awesome.

The boxey look is in again.

15. alectheking macrumors 6502a

I have a feeling this is the year we will get 64 gig iPhones. With apple going all post-pc, they have to assume users will store their entire library now instead of pick and choosing playlists and/or movies. I understand not everyone has to deal with this, but I'm sure enough do.

16. FrankySavvy macrumors 65816

I love this design! slightly thinner, larger screen, no glass back.

I believe apple is gonna try and uniform all its products so this could be exactly what they are thinking.

Uniformity between the iPad, iPhone, iMac and Macbook line.

Atleast I hope so.

-Frank

17. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

I agree. 32gb is way to small.

18. jamied95 macrumors 6502

19. mms13 macrumors 6502

Agreed. I would loveeee an aluminum backing. Just like my MacBook Pro, I think it has a great look and feel.

The iPhone 4 is beautiful, and I wish I could carry it around naked, but the glass all around scares the crap out of me, so it's always in a case.

20. EddyP macrumors 6502

I agree with the comments about this being the best looking mockup. I would like something that looks like this.

The only downside is I would probably be less likely to put it in a case if it looked like this.

21. korndawg macrumors regular

How is that a downside? If people are gonna put their phone in a case, who cares what the phone looks like cuz it'd be covered up anyways.

22. EddyP macrumors 6502

Just from the standpoint of protecting the phone. I busted my 3GS a few weeks ago (finally dropped it on something to screw the screen).

If it's like the 4 with glass on both sides I'll put it in a case. If not, I probably won't. I have fallen in love with grove's bamboo cases.

23. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'd really like the aluminium back. Would look great next to my iMac.

24. Padraig macrumors 6502a

It's rare that I like a mock up, but this is probably only the second example that I'd actually buy. Hoping that's not a capacitive home button. Good work.

25. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

dont really like this, would prefer the design of the 4