Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsPhil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
anyone see craigstrade.com?

trying to trade an iPhone to pay off $10,000 of school loans/debts.

already made first trade - 16GB iPhone 3G for 80GB PS3

itsPhil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Apple didn't invent the mp3 player, or the smartphone, or the tablet computer, or a lot of other things. But what they did do was execute all these products better, and deliver them in a way that consumers really would latch on to.

My first goal is really just to help trade my way out debt. That's number one.

I'm just trying to have fun doing it, and give people something to follow on their twitter!

itsPhil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
You really think this is crap? Sorry for posting. I would never try to advertise/spam something.

I figured, I'm not selling anything, and I'm not making any money off my blog for traffic.

I honestly thought it would be interesting to iPhone owners to see something like this and be able to follow it.

My apologies if you didn't like it.

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
You really think this is crap? Sorry for posting. I would never try to advertise/spam something.

I figured, I'm not selling anything, and I'm not making any money off my blog for traffic.

I honestly thought it would be interesting to iPhone owners to see something like this and be able to follow it.

it's NOT IPHONE RELATED. post this elsewhere.

just because you said "iphone" in your post doesn't mean it's really iphone related. this thread is more "craigslist" related....take it there.

itsPhil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I really don't want to upset too many people with it. I would kindly argue that the iPhone is a cultural phenomenon, and that this is a testament to the value of the product. I think seeing what people would be willing to trade away to get an iPhone is very iPhone-related.

I'll tell you what. If more people start complaining about this post I will more than happily take it down. Last thing I want to do is come off like I'm spamming with non-related stuff.

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA
I really don't want to upset too many people with it. I would kindly argue that the iPhone is a cultural phenomenon, and that this is a testament to the value of the product. I think seeing what people would be willing to trade away to get an iPhone is very iPhone-related.

I'll tell you what. If more people start complaining about this post I will more than happily take it down. Last thing I want to do is come off like I'm spamming with non-related stuff.

Once you get to $10,000 from starting with an iPhone then maybe it would be interesting. Otherwise this is simply a "Red Paperclip" type thing...and for those that don't know what that is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE8b02EdZvw

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008

I was entertained...by both your blog and the Porsche story

MacRumors is full of angry people who like to think they're in charge of what goes in the forums. Don't let it bother you

itsPhil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I was entertained...by both your blog and the Porsche story

MacRumors is full of angry people who like to think they're in charge of what goes in the forums. Don't let it bother you

Thanks! I appreciate your optimism. And don't worry, things like this could never bother me. I have a real life with real problems and things to worry about. This is just a message board haha. But a powerful one at that.

KingHuds

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
I think you're doing it wrong. You traded for something worth...about the same... and paid extra money.

itsPhil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I think you're doing it wrong. You traded for something worth...about the same... and paid extra money.

This is an iPhone 3G, not a 3GS. I don't see many of these selling about the $150 mark. A new 80GB PS3 is worth about $300. Even at $250 I'm close to breaking even. But keep in mind, the PS3 might be a better bargaining chip trying to move up to a more valuable item.

Did you see the other offers people made to me? Do you think there was a better one?

Tower-Union

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
I like how the guy named "WhySoSerious" is taking this so seriously and getting his panties in a knot :rolleyes:

itsPhil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I just thought you should all know that I have already traded the iPhone and received a Playstation 3 with two games. I now have multiple offers for nice digital cameras and 2 different laptops.

If I make the trade the laptop I would have converted a used iPhone 3G (valued at no more than $100-$200) for either a camera or laptop (valued from $300-$900)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.