Another iSight Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tubbster123, Aug 22, 2007.

1. tubbster123 macrumors newbie

Hi.

I have had my mac for 3 months now, it's never given be any trouble until just last month.

Well I went to use my iSight camera to show my friend what it could do however when i clicked on PhotoBooth the following error was displayed;

"Photobooth cannot open because ether no camera is attached, or it is being used by another programme".

Urh...Don't think so, i have only just booted up, so how can it already be in use, and as for it not being plugged in, well, it's internal so i can't really check the cord without voiding the warranty.

If any of you have any ideas what the problem might me, or have an answer to what looks like to me a common problem (for some people), that would be great thanks.

Sorry to sound like an old man, but i feel really sad about it:(

Hope you can help,

Tobe!:confused:

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

My MacBook Pro would say that sometimes. Either that, or sometimes PhotoBooth would open, but the camera image would be totally green.

On my system, resetting the PRAM fixed the problem each time it happened. Then after awhile, the camera started working perfectly and I haven't had to do it since... Weird. :)

Not sure if it's the answer for your system, but I don't think it'd hurt to try?
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=2238

3. tubbster123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Cheers,

Thanks very much, i will give it a go and see what happens :)

Thanks Again,

Tobe

4. tubbster123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Fraid Not

Iv'e tryed a PRAM reset and thats not worked.:(

Tobe:confused: