Another issue with 4.2 GMb .... battery consumption

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 9382725, Nov 13, 2010.

1. 9382725 Suspended

Okay, after I have installed iOS 4.2 GMb version on my iPad, I feel like the iPad is eating up its battery more rapid than it used to do on iOS 4.2 GM build. The battery percentage (%) seems to be dropping faster than usual...

Is it only me, or does anyone else share same opinion as me?

2. ninn macrumors member

I had the same issue with the first GM on my wifi/3g iPad. Just sleeping, my battery drained from full in the morning to less than 20% by the time I got home from work. Turning off 3g helped, but not much. I'd have about 50% after 8 hours standby.

I installed the new GM and set the iPad up as a new device and it's back to normal. Something must have went bonkers when I installed the GM over the last beta.

3. shandyman Suspended

tried a recalibration? some people had this with the first GM, recalibrated and was fine

4. Pinger macrumors regular

Andy is spot on, had this problem with 4.2GM and running it down till it shut down then fully recharging got it back to normal...

5. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

+1: I nearly crapped my pants when I first installed the 4.2 GM, but after several charge/discharge cycles, my battery usage is back to normal. (maybe better, since I'm not jailbreakmultitasking)

I chalked it up to recalibration.

6. petvas, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I find battery life to be excellent. I don't see any differences to the 3.2.2 version. Actually I believe that iOS 4.2 is really the greatest thing that could happen to my iPad.

7. newdeal macrumors 68020

4.2 is ok but jailbreaking is the best thing that has happened to my ipad. I thought I would like apples folders but actually I prefer categoriesSB because I can set the folder icon instead of having to look at the label

8. phyrexia macrumors 6502a

i do like setting folder icons, but the ease of use of creating and organizing folders in 4.2 beats any and all advantages of categoriesSB imo.

still jailbreaking as soon as cydia is updated, though. ;)