Another Itunes Problem!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fraser2490, Sep 17, 2008.

1. fraser2490 macrumors newbie

I am having some real troubles on itunes. Basically, i was once again greeted by those bloody exclamtion marks next to the majority of my songs the other day. I have been manually redirecting them and now they are working properly again (im sure there was a quicker way, but just stuck with this)

Although now. i also used Senuti software to copy all songs from my ipod to my mac, so that the songs could be found again, (again this can’t of been a good move) because now, i have at least 5 copies of each song in my itunes music folder, i’m unsure why, i know i clicked ‘transfer’ on senuti a few too many times though!

I really don’t want to go through and manually delete each song. I’ve consolidated my library, hoping that this might knock out any existing copies but hasn’t…

Can anyone help? Would it be easier just to delete all the music on my mac itunes and use senuti again to transfer from my ipod back to the mac?
    I would really appreciate any suggestions, thanks

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

It looks the Senuti process that you mentioned is your only option as long as you have everything on your iPod. That's the easiest thing that I could suggest but maybe someone else has a better suggestion. Good luck!

3. sallywon macrumors newbie

iPod

See Mac Software maybe you could find appropriate software to solve your problem. You can also download BitTorrent for Mac or BitTorrent for PC and search about sutable software and download it.
    I hop it will be useful and you could find good solution for your problem.

4. soccersquirt82 macrumors 6502

File, Show Duplicates?

EDIT: You can also sort by date added and delete all the songs added before _____.