Another keynote, another influx of moaning...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jabingla2810, Sep 14, 2017.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

For the past few Septembers, days after each iPhone Keynote, this place has been unbearable.

iPhone 5s – Touch ID is a gimmick, same as last year, I'll pass, too much money!!

iPhone 6 – Too thin, why have a bigger screen and do nothing with it, Apple is dead, too expensive.

iPhone 6s – Same as last year, nothing new, I'm skipping this year, Apple have lost it, how much???

iPhone 7 – Same again, waterproof?? Android has had that for years, need dual speakers are a gimmick, Steve Jobs wouldn't have done this, $799 = £799 WTF!?

Same for the iPad launch, and if you look in the archives, it was exactly the same for the iPod launch 16 years ago! Too expensive, gimmick, ugly, Apple has lost it.

This year we have a new iPhone that is (almost) a complete OLED screen, unlocks by reading your face, has wireless charging, amazing cameras and amazing battery life. I come here to share my excitement and I'm met with: Urgh I don't like that little notch I'm sticking with my 7. £999 for a phone?? You kidding me?!?!

For the first time in years, we have some genuinely new and interesting things to talk about, and everyone is just moaning.

2. vipergts2207 macrumors 68000

vipergts2207

Just as predictable are the threads complaining about the complaining.

3. Chronus macrumors regular

4. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

It is a vicious cycle through and through.

5. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

While I agree that few things are as wearisome as pseudo-sophisticated cynicism, it has always been thus. Personally, I do not look forward to the day that I become blasé about the magic and wonder of technology, design, and what it has enabled us to do, but Valar Morghulis.

6. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

Same story every year. And Apple is still nr.1

Simple.