Another Kick in the Crotch to UK Pre-orders

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MeWhOeLsE, Sep 15, 2007.

1. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Sorry if I'm being dense, but how's this a kick in the crotch?

2. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Argos *always* say they have stuff long before they actually do. I think their stock system can't distinguish between 'on order' and 'in stock'. They claimed to have the PS3 about a month before its release date IIRC.

Anyway their website isn't claiming stock - it says "Our customer services team will contact you to arrange a delivery date as soon as the first stocks become available." - they've simply allocated it an order code.

3. calculus Guest

calculus

I wouldn't be so sure. From looking at their web site they don't have them in store and delivery is quoted as 'Delivery usually 2 working days subject to stock.'

4. MeWhOeLsE thread starter macrumors member

Well from the looks of the tread people have their deliveries confirmed for monday morning... can't see that happening if there was no stock.

I consider it a kick in the crotch as I ordered in on the 5th through :apple: and still got nothing more than 2nd Oct... I'm pretty sure it won't be monday!

It looks like they've sold out of initial stock now... but it was instock before

5. iShak macrumors 6502

don't believe it, Argos gets the shipments before the Apple store .. impossible!

6. Cache macrumors regular

People in that thread say they called and that it wasnt in stock... it was a mix up. :p

7. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Well according to the thread, Argos cocked up and are now saying delivery will be made in the first half of October. Hope your crotch is feeling better now ;)

8. spidey1703 macrumors member

I was in Argos at The Quays in Newry on Satuday and they had a large poster stating that they had all new iPod's in stock. I checked the catalogue numbers in their stock checker and none were available.