Another Macbook 2,1 "Battery Not Charging"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by herzmeh, May 11, 2010.

1. herzmeh macrumors newbie

Computer powers on fine with the charge, it's just not charging. This is a second battery with 181 cycles on it, less than a year old. First one died with around 200 cycles. I've tried resets, applied the battery update, etc. and still no luck.

First time it happened, I understood - yes batteries die. But after this second time, frankly, this is a bit ridiculous. In addition to the plastic falling apart, apparently the machine chews through batteries.

Battery Information:

Model Information:
    Serial Number: DP-ASMB016-3b29-1baa
    Manufacturer: DP
    Device name: ASMB016
    Pack Lot Code: 0003
    PCB Lot Code: 0000
    Firmware Version: 0110
    Hardware Revision: 0500
    Cell Revision: 0200
    Charge Information:
    Charge remaining (mAh): 0
    Fully charged: No
    Charging: No
    Full charge capacity (mAh): 4389
    Health Information:
    Cycle count: 181
    Condition: Good
    Battery Installed: Yes
    Amperage (mA): 0
    Voltage (mV): 9946

2. rcp27 macrumors regular

I have an intermittent problem on my MacBook (3,1) that resembles this one. I found that the battery simply would not charge, though the computer worked fine when plugged in, and would happily work off the battery until it was flat. By a little trial and error, I found that the two innermost pins on the magsafe connector seemed not to be connecting electrically when I plugged it in. Poking the pins to compress the spring and let them re-extend seems to cure the problem for a couple of months before it recurs. It might be worth having a poke at the pins in the magsafe connector in case you have a similar problem.