Another MacBook crack, I know I know!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by myuserid08, Mar 4, 2009.

1. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

Just wondering if its worth taking my MacBook to a "Genius" for repair or are they going to say its my fault, warranty ends on the 17th March.
    I know there is a defect with the top casing cracking but not sure about the side casing. The MacBook has been sitting on my office desk for 6 months or so, lid closed during the night opened in the morning. There is also a smaller crack on the left hand side which isn't shown in the image below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And yes I'm well aware of other threads regarding MacBook cracks.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

3. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Same exact thing happened to me last summer. I had a normal palmrest crack, took it in to be fixed, got it fixed, but noticed the cracks on the polycarbonate when I got home. I figured that the genius fixing it maybe applied a bit too much pressure when he/she was prying off the palmrest, or something. So, I brought it back, and they fixed it no problem. Granted, they could have just fixed it because the cracks developed when it was in their care, but who knows? :rolleyes: Definitely worth a shot! That probably doesn't happen too often, though, because they were all very surprised to see a crack there.