Another Macbook Pro Thread...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cornflakes, Nov 21, 2007.

1. cornflakes macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    Really liking the mac book pro, I've been a windows user all my life but at school and the industry I'm going to work in (audio), owning a mac is becoming a must. I'm a gamer as well though, so I'm looking for a computer, preferably laptop that has a balance of the two...

I've devoured this forum and decided that january's going to be the telling time, even though I don't really want to settle for the nvidia 8600m, if it gets an upgrade in the macbook pros (more memory or a new card, possibly the 8800m gts) or the processors are going to be 2.6-2.8 penryn at cheaper prices, I will get mac book pro, because that will be the perfect balance of pleasure and work, butttt ... if the specs arent pushed a bit for gaming (I just want to be able to play the latest and greatest games next year, prreferably crysis and the like, and games the year after that at high+ settings)..

Ha, I'm a little heart broken that the 8600m isn't *that* good, it might be good enough for the casual gamer and I've fallen in love with the mac book pro.. read another thread down at the good playing performance of the 8600m but how will that card hold up next year and the year after, if I'm gonna spend a lot of money I want it to be worth it you know ?

anyways, guess I'm just another person waiting for january ..:rolleyes:

2. Creibold macrumors regular

Creibold

Sorry to be a little off topic, but don't get your hopes up for Crysis, the AI in that game, from what I've seen and heard, is horrible.

3. zilu01 macrumors newbie

I thought that the Crysis demo was pretty impressive for a single player game.

4. cornflakes thread starter macrumors newbie

True true, I've thought it isnt potentially that great myself, but I want to play it at least once and own it. :) I'm sure I'll like it anyways, and they'll patch that up, maybe.

5. linshiwen macrumors member

For any mac to have cutting edge graphics would simply be unprecedented. I sympathize with you completely, but the graphics cards in Macbook Pros are always going to be "last gen" (sad)

(Even the selection of graphics cards for the Mac Pro is pathetic! jeez!)