Another Macbook Water Damage post

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Patrick946, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Patrick946 macrumors regular

Sorry to create a new thread, but I wanted to ask a question about my specific experience instead of getting general advice.

My roommate spilled a full glass of Gatorade on my Macbook Pro while I was using it. As far as I can remember, the second the liquid hit the keyboard the screen turned off and the power light turned off. I dried it as best as I could and put it in a bag with rice, opened and facing down. The only other advice I could find was to take out the battery (I can't because it's a unibody), and to wait three days before trying to turn it on.

I'm still waiting, but is there any chance that it still works? Nothing that I read about water damage mentioned whether the computer was on or off and what the screen turning off means. My guess would be that the liquid fried the logic board instantly, but I have no idea. Do any of you have experience with a similar situation where the computer still worked afterwards? Is there anything else that I can do in the meantime?

Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes, there is. Turn it on and find out for yourself.

3. Patrick946 thread starter macrumors regular

I was very excited to see that it turned on last night (I'm typing on it now). However, the battery doesn't seem to be charging and it doesn't go to sleep when I close the lid.