Another mall shooting

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CorvusCamenarum, Dec 22, 2007.

1. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

University Mall in Tuscaloosa, AL. I've just gotten off a web of phone calls between my subordinates, myself, and my store manager. One woman has been shot once or twice as a result of an altercation. As far as I know, no one else was hurt. At time of posting, the shooter has not yet been caught, and the mall is closed for the night; I don't know if they're going to be open for business tomorrow morning. More details to follow, as I receive them.

There was also a dustup of sorts there earlier this morning, according to the police officer who came in to buy a pen from me. The two incidents are presumed to be related. For those interested, the earlier argument was two women fighting over a pair of these:

http://www.nicekicks.com/air-jordans/air-jordan-8/air-jordan-8-playoffs/

A pair of goddamn shoes.

EDIT: As some of you might know, my fiancee also works in that mall, a few doors down from me. Apparently, some people in her store were witnesses. Fortunately, her store is also currently full of police. According to police, the victim was not the target, merely an innocent bystander. Also, the mall is apparently going to be open for business as usual tomorrow morning.

EDIT 2: The victim is in stable condition at one of our local hospitals. The suspect is in custody. Apparently the suspect and her intended victim have a history.

2. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

People seem to always get into the worst of arguments(leading to results such as this) over the stupidest of stuff at the worst of times. I'm not sure what it is.

But jeezus, getting a mall closed three days before Christmas over a freaking pair of shoes. What's this world coming to?

3. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Reason # 4,234,091 why Amazon is BETTER than the Mall. :)

But as for the reality side - WTF is wrong with us as a culture? :mad: :(

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I would kill for a pair of those!

Darwinism at its finest ;)

6. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
    And then some. All I can say is that I agree with the adage that "the gene pool needs some bleach."