Another MPB travel question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KFoxArt, May 21, 2013.

1. KFoxArt macrumors newbie

Someone asked a similar question earlier today. I will be travelling by car across the USA in July and August and I would love to bring my MPB, which would allow me to make movies and publish my website as opposed to just posting quick recordings and photos for my blog.

Can I do that^ stuff on an ipad? because I might get one.

What kind of heat can MBP's take? I imagine humidity will be a big issue as well.

Has anyone done this and can anyone recommend a good way to package it if I end up taking it along?

I would hate to leave it behind only to find out that they are plenty durable for trips like this. I also would hate to bring it and have it get ruined by day four.

Thanks all!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Buy a decent laptop bag or backpack (or a decent sleeve) and keep it in there. I assume you will be driving with the air conditioning on, you're likely to keep yourself cooler than the laptop runs (hoping) so I don't see heat being a problem. Don't leave it in your car for safety (theft) and heat issues. The MBP will sustain a trip around the world if you wish.

I went cross country in January with my PowerBook and it was fine. I never even shut it off.
    However, an iPad will let you update your blog and all that good stuff. How do you record video?

3. KFoxArt thread starter macrumors newbie

@jessica.

I have a newer canon, a little bigger than a powershot, that takes great photos and videos. I think I'm going to throw it under a train though. It runs on two AA batteries that it burns through after about four minutes of use.

So I use my iphone5 (I had a flip phone when I bought the canon) for pretty much all my videos and most of my photos. There are dozens of ways to mount an iphone to a tripod, but I went with this one, SUPER easy to make:

http://www.instructables.com/id/iPhone-Tripod-Mount-on-the-cheap/