Another new Logitech Keyboard for the iPad!

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas

UnseenLlama

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
It looks nice, but why not just buy the Apple bluetooth keyboard then? I want something that doubles as a case without having to carry around something separate.
The Logitech keyboard can pair with multiple devices (up to 3). You are able to then switch between them without having to repair. Another positive is that you don't have to swap out the batteries.

I like what Logitech is doing with solar and power. They seem to have nailed how to get the most out of battery technology.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
The Logitech keyboard can pair with multiple devices (up to 3). You are able to then switch between them without having to repair. Another positive is that you don't have to swap out the batteries.

I like what Logitech is doing with solar and power. They seem to have nailed how to get the most out of battery technology.
Not to mention that it has more iOS function buttons than the actual apple BT KB.*

*My irony detector app is going off the scale!

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas

All good points, I guess a separate standalone keyboard just isn't for me personally, but this looks like a solid keyboard no doubt.

classicaliberal

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2011
The keyboard would likely be half the price without the solar feature. For me, this is completely unnecessary... 90% of the time when typing, I'm indoors. I'd venture a guess that's the case with most people.

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
The keyboard would likely be half the price without the solar feature. For me, this is completely unnecessary... 90% of the time when typing, I'm indoors. I'd venture a guess that's the case with most people.
Logitech pretty much has the same keyboard sans the solar feature, this model here

which in some places is already sold for half the price (I believe Amazon has it for $40 something now). it was in the $70s when it first came out.

classicaliberal

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2011
Logitech pretty much has the same keyboard sans the solar feature, this model here
Any guesses as to the ratio they'll sell of each model? I'd guess far more for the non-solar option. With such reduced supply turnover, the price will be even higher... although since it likely shares most parts with the other model, that would only apply to the solar-specific components.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010

which in some places is already sold for half the price (I believe Amazon has it for $40 something now). it was in the $70s when it first came out.
Seriously? That keyboard is hella thick and it is heavy.

You need to stroll on over to the logitech site and take a look at the video. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keybo...Solar-Keyboard-K760-for-Mac?WT.ac=ps|10012|hp

It is NOT the same keyboard.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
This one still doesn't beat the Ultraslim IMO. Can't say enough good things about it for my needs.

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Any guesses as to the ratio they'll sell of each model? I'd guess far more for the non-solar option. With such reduced supply turnover, the price will be even higher... although since it likely shares most parts with the other model, that would only apply to the solar-specific components.
hard to say.. the Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard for the iPad has been out for several months longer than this solar keyboard option..

from looking at polls, it doesn't seem that the bluetooth keyboard caught on very well.. people looking for a full sized keyboard are still looking at Apple's bluetooth model instead, despite logitech's price advantage and keyboard with dedicated ipad buttons.

however despite this, i see far more forum and media coverage of Logitech's ultrathin keyboard and the solar folio than the bluetooth keyboard.

----------

This one still doesn't beat the Ultraslim IMO. Can't say enough good things about it for my needs.
just bought one from best buy but will be returning it. great for those who want something thin and easy to transport.. but i'm glad Logitech is continuing to produce models for those who want a larger keyboard that's cheaper.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
You can find more new style wireless keyboard of ipad on ebay. They are designed with broadcom bluetooth technology.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sac...ad+3&_nkwusc=bluethood+keyboard+ipad+3&_rdc=1
I bought a knockoff $25 keyboard on eBay. Not worth it. The first one I got wouldn't pair and I had to pay shipping for an exchange. The second one, the keys stick all the time. Constantly having to erase aaaaaaaaaaa and ......... while I type. I'm kinda glad it was in my backpack that was stolen (iPad not in it, thank god!) so I have an excuse to get a decent brand name keyboard.

richatl

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2013
DISAPPOINTING CRUX SKUNK KEYBOARD FOR iPAD

Almost a year ago, I contributed $155 to a Kickstarter project--to raise funding for what the developer said would be, "CruxSKUNK™ is the thinnest keyboard case in the world. With a base that’s only 6mm thin, there’s nothing else like it."

Saw Logitech and Zagg and Kensington versions come out within a couple months but kept waiting for my Crux.

It came yesterday and I do NOT recommend it. On the iPad it weighs about the same as a traditional laptop. The hinge that holds it together is very tricky. And it doesnt stay closed.

In addition to that, I called Crux and emailed them today for help. No call or email in return.

So I went to Best Buy and bought the Ultrathin Keyboard Cover by Logitech for $99. Perfect out of the box. Less than half the weight of the CruxSKUNK, which might have been a brilliant idea but certainly was disappointing on arrival.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.